Monday, March 14, 2016

St Johnswort

Walking along the Great Western Trail, I spied this pretty yellow flower, St Johnswort. It's medicinal properties for relieving melancholy are well known. I am surprised that all I found was one plant, because it's listed as being a pretty invasive weed. I am going to check on it next year to see if it has spread. It sure is pretty, though. Again, a weed is just a plant growing where you don't want it to, or one that we haven't found a use for yet. Which makes me wonder if we are going to stop calling this one a weed.
Remember to 'like' and 'share' the love of nature!



St Johnswort blossom



St Johnswort bud



Leaves of St Johnswort. Notice how the leaves look like they have little pin hole perforations. Sorry about the lack of clarity of this pic.






















No comments:

Post a Comment