Monday, March 14, 2016

Yellow-Collared Scape Moth

I get really excited when I find something that I have never noticed before in my yard. In a way, it makes me feel like my yard is on the right track. I also like when I don't know what it is, because it gives me another opportunity to learn something new. I have also found some really great people on different pages that are wonderful when it comes to ID-ing and pointing me in the right direction. Paul John came to my assistance with this spectacular moth I found flying during the day, going from marigold to marigold in my Commuter Herb Garden. It's called a Yellow-collared Scape Moth, Cisseps fulvicollis. It was moving around pretty fast, and was hard to get a good pic of it.
Remember to 'like' and 'share' the love of nature!



No comments:

Post a Comment